Greaves crosses three million mark in light diesel engines
Greaves sets up Light Engines Unit V at Aurangabad
Greaves crosses two million mark in light diesel engines
- A state-of-the-art Technology Centre and manufacturing facility for new G Series engines opened in Pune.
- New Compaction Equipment plant opened in Gummidipoondi, Tamil Nadu.
- A new manufacturing facility for Agro Equipment inaugurated in Gummidipoondi, Tamil Nadu.
- Greaves second Transit Mixer manufacturing facility opened near Chennai.
- Greaves acquires Bukh-Farymann GmbH Diesel, Germany
- Greaves sets up Light Engines Unit IV at Aurangabad
- Greaves sets up Light Engines Unit III at Aurangabad.
- Greaves opens a new Technology Centre to design and develop new generation engines at Aurangabad.
Eco friendly Light Diesel Engine complying with Bharat stage II (Euro II) emission norms launched.
Millionth Light Diesel Engine rolled out.
Introduced concreting equipment in technical collaboration with CIFA of Italy.
Launched lightweight diesel engine model GL 400, complying with Bharat Stage I (Euro I) emission norms, for three wheelers.
Launched Transit Mixer and Batching Plants.
Acquired two Plants from Enfield India Ltd., to manufacture Petrol / Kerosene engines.
- Greaves Joint Venture with Morganite Crucible Ltd., U.K. to manufacture Silicon Carbide Crucibles.
- Technical collaboration with BOMAG GmbH, Germany, to manufacture Vibratory Compactors.
Greaves started manufacturing high power MWM diesel engines needed for gensets and marine propulsion.
Greaves Power Transmission Unit set up in Pune in collaboration with David Brown Gear Industries, U.K., and pioneered the manufacturing of industrial and marine Gearboxes in India.
Pioneering industrialist Lala Karamchand Thapar bought Greaves Became an Indian Company.
Joint Venture with Ruston & Hornsby Ltd., U.K. and started manufacturing diesel engines in India
Greaves Cotton entered into a Joint Venture with Crompton Parkinson of England to introduce ceiling fans and a range of other electrical products in India (now known as Crompton Greaves Limited).
James Greaves and George Cotton founded the company.